Aug 16, 2012

Heart Behind Why I Blog

"But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
 
O Israel, the one who formed you says,

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
 
I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you go through deep waters,
 I will be with you.


When you go through rivers of difficulty,
 you will not drown.


When you walk through the fire of oppression,
 

you will not be burned up;
 

the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
 
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
 
I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. 
Others were given in exchange for you.

 I traded their lives for yours 

because you are precious to me. 
You are honored, and I love you."

Isaiah 43:1-4

What a beautiful passage! Doesn’t it seem wonderful to think about the fact that we have a God so loving that He promises to be with us wherever we go? Well, as you may see, the name of my blog is taken from the first verse of this amazing passage. You might be wondering why I chose the phrase “Called by Name.” Well, this phrase has a very important meaning to me. Think about the people that call you by name. Those are usually people who love you, care about you, or at least know you well enough to remember your name, right? Now think of what it means for the Creator of the Universe to call you by name, that sure has a special meaning for me. In this verse the idea of “called you by name” is a reference to both creation and election. God created us and then chose us to be His people. I believe God chose me to be His and that He will be with me wherever I go. I have been ‘Called by Name’.

Now the reason I chose to make this blog is to share my life with you and all of the amazing experiences that come with it. I have been blessed tremendously and I just want to share it with the world! I invite you to follow me and learn how it feels to live knowing that you have been ‘Called by Name’. I will also be sharing my cooking adventures so you’ll be able to enjoy that too!

Blessings,
Photobucket