Apr 25, 2013

The Proposal

  So two years ago today my hubby proposed to me...thank God I said yes!
I still remember that day as if it was yesterday. It was a Monday and I had gone to school as usual. Franky went to pick me up and I remember that I actually got out a little early that day, I'd say it was about 4pm. When we got to my house he told me "hey, do you want to go to the beach?" I would never turn down an afternoon at the beach, so I said "sure!" I immediately went upstairs and got ready quickly so we could get there before sunset. We got in the car and drove to South Beach, Fl. When we got to the actual beach I went to try out the water but it was really cold so I told Franky I'd enjoy the beach from the shore and he told me "that's fine, I'll stay here with you".
This picture was taken right before he proposed...I had no idea what was about to happen! 

And if you want to see how he actually proposed, read below...the story from Franky himself.

"Well I had been thinking of proposing for quite a while before I took the big step.  In fact, I put a ring on layaway (which is not the one I ended up getting her) after we had been dating for only a couple of months, because God had told me she was the one and I was so certain of it.  The day before the proposal I went to talk to her parents about it, and they agreed to us getting married since they could see that we were so in love.  The actual day of the event, was also the day I bought the ring.  I had been looking at that ring so much, that the day I actually went to buy it, the guy from the jewelry store didn't even pay attention to me because he thought I was "just looking" once again.  After I was sure that I was going to get it that day, came the point of hassling the price (anyone who knows me just a little can tell you that no matter how cheap or expensive the ring might have been, I would have had to haggle the price just to feel like I was getting a good deal).  So after convincing myself and the salesman of the price that I wanted to pay; I GOT THE RING!! Now here I was with an engagement ring in my pocket and I wasn't really sure of what to do with it, what I did know, was that I wasn't going to let another day pass without giving it to her, because if I did, just like with every other surprise, she would have found out before I would have wanted her to.  I picked her up from school that day and I was just holding myself back from giving it to her in the car.  At one stoplight I even reached in my pocket and grabbed it, but I stopped myself from "proposing in the car."  Finally I had an idea!  I was going to write her a poem and sing her a song and cook dinner for her all by myself, then I was going to take her to a park overlooking the ocean and as the sun set, I would have proposed.  WRONG!  It turns out, Eleni is way smarter than that and she would have caught on by the time we got to the park, and that's the last thing I wanted, for her to catch on.  So I took her to the beach and while we sat there in the sand, I looked around to make sure that what felt like a multitude of people would stop looking at us and leave us alone so I could "pop the question."  After a while of thinking of what to say and the right thing to do I got on both knees because I felt she was way too special for me, to just give her a regular kneel.  And with my heart beating at a thousand beats per second I asked her, "Baby, will you marry me?"  You can only imagine the look in her eyes when she saw the diamond, it was like water in the desert.  I was so relieved, everything had happened but I felt like it was all just starting."
This picture was taken right after he put the ring on my finger.

And that's how it happened! Franky accomplished his goal of catching me completely off guard, and I got the surprise of a lifetime. The day was absolutely perfect and to top it off, he proposed just as the sun was going down. It was one of the best day's of my life, but little did I know that the best was yet to come.

Photobucket  

1 comment:

  1. That is such a wonderful proposal! <3 Very romantic and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete